40-Hour HAZWOPER Benefit Program Now Available to RISEP Members!
RISEP is pleased to annouce that member firms, and student members, are now eligible to receive a $250 voucher upon the successful completion of 40-Hour HAZWOPER training taken at the location of their choice (online or in-person). “The benefits of being a RISEP member continue to grow,” says RISEP President Rick Carlone, PE. “RISEP continually looks to advance the needs of its membership, and providing this benefit lowers the barrier of entry for firms looking to hire interns, or for students wanting to be more competitive in the job market.” Details of the new program are outlined below.
Who may qualify:
- Any current RISEP member firm (dues must be paid for the 2017 calendar year)
- Any student member of RISEP (membership is free for students)
What does the reimbursement cover:
- Upon successful completion of any online or classroom-based 40-hour HAZWOPER training, submit a copy of the completion certificate to RISEP. RISEP will reimburse up to $250 to the member firm or student. If the course is less than $250, RISEP will reimburse for the lower amount.
- The 40-hour HAZWOPER course location is not dictated by RISEP. Member firms and students are free to choose the course that suits them best.
- RISEP has $2,500 set aside to fund this program. It is first come, first served basis. Therefore, RISEP can fund up to 10 reimbursements for the 2017 calendar year. RISEP will accept 10 applications for reimbursement with five alternates. At the time an application is submitted, the firm must provide the student's name and confirmation they have signed up for a 40-Hour HAZWOPER training course. Firms will be reimbursed when they provide proof the course has been completed. If someone in the first ten spots does not complete the training within 12 weeks of application submittal, reimbursement will pass to the first alternate.
- RISEP member firms may receive this benefit once per calendar year (one person per firm per calendar year).
- Student members must complete their training before the end of 2017.
- RISEP member firms and student members are encouraged to contact RISEP in advance to learn how many reimbursements remain for 2017.
For additional information about this new RISEP membership benefit, please contact RISEP's President, Richard A. Carlone, P.E.
(Updated March 20, 2017)